Monday, July 13, 2020

Kevin nations 2020.07.13.

The following is a post that I have pondered for years and I think it's something we may want to reflect on as we are offering and / or consuming services.

I'll try to do the thoughts justice with my words. And I appreciate your patience in advance as you read through it.

Some have credited me over the last few years with initiating or at the very least significantly advancing the 'Public offer for your services' style post on facebook. You know - bypassing the whole funnel theory and just making your offer and getting sales.

Regardless the impact I've had - one thing is certain - I've had my share of success using this strategy over the last few years - beginning as early as 2007 just making simple, direct offers and converting them in conversations or chats.

One component of these communications CAN be at times a statement of who is NOT a fit. "Only apply if you're serious, blah blah blah" - you've read this I'm sure - and often...

Cue teaching moment...

It's been my observation that the most (ahem) 'SELECTIVE' posts come from what appears to be the LEAST qualified service providers. We are sent to this planet (and into Social Media) to serve our market. If you need to shout from the mountaintops that you are über selective about who you choose to work with... (wait for it)

It is NOT because the market is full of unqualified 'tire kickers'... but rather because the apparent quality of YOUR service attracts that exact demographic.

Truth be told - I still work FREAKISHLY hard to be qualified to serve you amazing guys and gals and I'll talk to anyone and try to help them. Who knows - that person may be a great client in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years (and I plan to still be in business and welcome them as a client when they're ready).

If you're facing an overwhelm of what appear to be lower-quality applicants, I would look INWARD to adjust your own service and 'style' and people will respect what you have built with your attention to detail.

You don't drive onto a street corner with an unlicensed - dingy, dented taco truck and hang out a sign saying 'black tie, reservations required' and all of the sudden have a waiting list of people to pay you 'High Ticket'...

Perhaps the gap isn't that viscerally distinct - but I would urge you - that in order to make the MOST MONEY possible with the clients who are the EASIEST to serve - you need take ALL the energy you would have spent in 'QUALIFYING' and 'rehab' your own image and focus on REAL success creation, not snarky posts!

Once you become a service provider WORTHY of the higher end clientele, they will automatically begin migrating to you. No amount of judgement and criticism is going to make people see you as more valuable than you truly are.

Who you attract is who you are worthy of. Raise the level of service and the prospect pool will AUTOMATICALLY migrate up - even without your saying a word or needing to 'screen'...

I think one of the #1 reasons that I'm fortunate to earn the sums that I do in this business (and it is significant) - is that I spend less time trying to protect myself from talking to 'those not worthy of me' and spend my time working on being worthy to continue serving this amazing and fast-growing market.

If your current model of looking externally and qualifying people away faster than you can attract them isn't giving you the income you deserve, I'd look less at filtering out the people who 'aren't worthy of you' and more on 'being worthy of a higher quality servant-hood'...

I hope this little rant helps a few of you transform your family's income and your market's ability to get your best service out of you. I'm sure it's there and I'm happy you're going to begin focusing more on delivering it in a MUCH more focused and powerful way!

Much love-
Kev-

Sent from BlueMail

No comments:

Post a Comment