Friday, July 17, 2020

Fwd: 3 Ways to Control a Meeting by Saying Less



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Oren Klaff <oren@pitchanything.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 8:18 AM
Subject: 3 Ways to Control a Meeting by Saying Less
To: <stevescott@techacq.com>


Once I started doing it this way, my problems were fixed
Oren Klaff Logo

From the author of Pitch Anything & Flip the Script

I used to think THIS was how you "pitched" a deal.

Step1: have a 1-hour meeting; give the buyer as much INFORMATION as possible.

Step 2: let all this "great information" REDUCE THEIR CONFUSION about the buying decision.

Step 3: ask boldly ... "any questions?"

That's when they are supposed to say: "Wow that's amazing, I'm IN ... here, take all my money."

Ha.

Information was supposed to reduce their confusion ....

image

This just makes "sense" ... because when someone has enough good information about your product, their mind becomes "clear" that ...

  • you're the best
  • you offer high quality service
  • your product has the most features (and is easiest to use)
  • your technology is way ahead of everyone else.

... and it's obvious how you offer the best VALUE.

And while that was very logical, it wasn't working very well for me.

THE MORE INFORMATION I PROVIDED THE BUYER,
THE MORE CONFUSION I WAS CAUSING.

In fact, Confusion and Information seemed to be connected and make each other worse:

image

Why was this happening? How could well organized examples, solid facts, key metrics and clear statistics not work?

Over time, I began to realize:

Buyer's are rarely "confused" to start with.

In the age of the interweb ...

... a "CONFUSED BUYER" doesn't seem to exist.

Buyers with $10K or $100K or $1 million ..... are smart.

They are well informed.

They've researched the hell out of your product -- and pretty much know what they need.

In fact, they already have a lot of CERTAINTY about what they really want ... before they contact you.

Therefore, your beautiful infographics, your valuable data and your awesome metrics are useless at the start of the pitch because....

You CANNOT change someone's mind with more information.

You can only bore them or confuse them.

THIS is when I came up with the idea to follow the same formula that TV crime shows use

image

Why 'CSI:'? One simple reason. Once you start watching, you can't look away and you stay until the end:

- you're on the edge of your seat the whole time
- you know there's going to be a "surprise"
- and when revealed, you clap your hands and say "I knew it!!" (but you didn't.)

It's a great viewing experience.

That's what I wanted to give my buyers, a great experience.

How did I copy their formula?

..... THEIR SCRIPT ALWAYS STARTS WITH A BIG CHANGE TO 'NORMAL LIFE' (THIS IS 'THE SETUP')

.......... THEN THEY CREATE MANY PUZZLING QUESTIONS, FORCING THE AUDIENCE TO STAY UNTIL THE END (THE INTRIGUE)

.................. AND THEY ALWAYS FINISH WITH A BIG REVEAL THAT USES A CRAZY AMOUNT OF SCIENCE, DATA, FACTS, STATS, METRICS AND DEDUCTIVE REASONING TO 'MAKE THE CASE.' (THE REVEAL & THE CLOSE)

In other-words, they hold the best information and the coolest science to the end (you should do this too.)

BECAUSE THE MORE I DID THIS, in the exact same way as CSI:, the more deals I closed:

image

I know what you're thinking ...

"Hey Oren,

You're crazy. During the day I go to business meetings, I write emails and I attend phone calls, I don't star in a TV Show ...

Don't worry, you can do this!

I have a 1,000+ client's doing this every day. Together, they are doing billions of dollars in revenue.

HERE'S THE CORRECT SETUP

#1. Describe to your buyer how things are CHANGING in the market.
#2. Explain how those changes are going to cause him PAIN & FRUSTRATION.
#3 Show how that pain is NOT GOING AWAY on it's own
#4 Make it clear that you're an EXPERT in the changes happening
#5 And that you have a SOLUTION to discuss.

Next you'll have to...

........ create intrigue and build suspense.

............... and finally, deliver a BIG REVEAL to close the deal.

There's enough info in this email (and my last one) for you to do this on your own. However, if you want to see me go through a few examples and break it down step-by-step, then I'd be happy to work with you:

IN ONE HOUR OF TRAINING I'LL SHOW YOU ALL THE FORMULAS:

image

JOIN ME THIS FRIDAY
JULY 17th AT 12PM PST

I'm giving a rare Livecast event called "THE SETUP"

This one-hour I will show you the CSI formula step-by-step with many examples and turn you into a hardcore dealmaker.

To get into THE SETUP Livecast Event... you have to join Pitch Mastery here.

You can get access to this event: THE SETUP, only from inside Pitch Mastery.

Are you doing this? It's going to change everything you do.

JOIN PITCH MASTERY HERE- and join me on 7-17-2020 for THE SETUP.

Oren

...











...

Subscription Options

PITCHANYTHING  5825 Avenida Encinas #111 Carlsbad, California 92008 United States

No comments:

Post a Comment