Sunday, January 19, 2020

Fwd: The REAL reason why "Hustle" sounds good (but never works)



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Oren Klaff <oren@pitchanything.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 9:11 AM
Subject: The REAL reason why "Hustle" sounds good (but never works)
To: <stevescott@techacq.com>


Because this is the FASTEST way to get...

Here's the basic secret I use to become the BEST at almost everything I do... without any HUSTLE.

But first let me ask you something personal...

Do you belong to the modern-day "Church of Hustle"?

Most people do -- and for good reason -- but I never signed up for this "religion."

Now you already know the commandments...

Commandment #1. Set "big fat crazy goals"...

Commandment #2. Visualize what you "want to achieve"…

Commandment #3. Focus and push yourself past the limit of mental/physical endurance...

(Oh, and don't forget to meditate for 20 minutes a day, do intermittent fasting, take your probiotics, eat keto, journal, sleep 9 hours a night, exercise for at least 60 minutes a day, take your vitamins, live a life of gratitude, mentor the next generation of leaders, and if you have extra time... then you're allowed to breathe.)

Because the Church of Hustle says: "DON'T STOP 'TIL YOU DROP!"

But in my experience, living like this will drive you to misery.

Oh, don't misunderstand me, I love to see HARD WORK.

I push my people really hard…

I ask my team to meet impossibly tight deadlines…

I ask my 6-year old son to try uncomfortable things he's never done before…

And I push myself twice as hard as all that (which doesn't always end well, as I'll explain in a moment)

But there's a RIGHT way to push yourself, and a wrong way — and the slight difference could murder your career in a single moment...

Here's the BIG IDEA in 115 words:

I don't want to be an "average" achiever in life and business -- and I'm pretty sure you don't either.

NO ONE DOES.

That's why you hyper commit and double-down... then triple-down on your biggest goals.

So you work more hours, you take on more projects, and work harder than ever before…

This is how the greatest business people get stuff done, right?

WRONG.

Because when you go it alone to push yourself to work longer hours, work harder, and set impossible goals, there's only 1 outcome…

Overload and failure.

In the next minute, I'm going to show you how I solved the "Overload" problem to become one of the BEST at nearly everything I do...

But first you need to understand the embarrassing situation I was in before I learned this hardcore lesson:

7 miles out of town. No phone. Out of water. It's getting dark and cold.

Now before I explain this disaster, something you should know about me…

When it comes to "keeping up with the Jones", I'm the BEST at overdoing it.

Here's a few of my dumbest moves:

I bought the FASTEST supercar ever built… (and never drive it.)

I've got a DOZEN pickup trucks… (it never rains where I live -- and NO, I won't help you move.)

Then in Crossfit, I push myself HARDER than anyone my age (my doctor says I'm patient zero for a heart attack.)

I'll give you an even BIGGER example of overdoing it….

I was running on the beach near my home in California...

Surfers were out, sun was shining, and the steady breeze kept me nice and cool.

"I could run ALL day like this! …"

By that point, I was EIGHT miles into my run…

Which was my goal for the day.

But I was feeling good and wanted to impress my running coach.

"She's going to flip when she sees my numbers!"

And why shouldn't she?

Because I was ALWAYS trying to beat my coach's game plan.

Soon I was TEN miles in…

ELEVEN miles in…

"Easy day." I told myself.

Mile FIFTEEN...

*SQUISH*

*TWANG*

$#!$%^$@.

My knee exploded in a tornado of pain.

I could barely move, nevermind run…

And now I'm miles away from where I'm supposed to be. No wallet or phone, getting dark, out of water and can't walk. Temperature dropping fast.

Took me 3 hours to get home. Finally flagged down a police car.

Had Stage One Hypothermia.

Then, took NINE WEEKS to recover from the knee injury.

BUT I HIT A PERSONAL RECORD!

...and my running coach was pissed off.

She screamed through the phone, straight into my soul...

"Oren, you're a complete $#!$%^$@. Of course you got injured. You don't even pretend to follow my coaching."

That made me realize one thing: it's dangerous for to set a big crazy way-out-there goal, then follow my own "overconfident" plan to achieve it.

Truth is, we all want to be great, so we push ourselves too hard — but we end up doing more harm than help…

Because usually, we just don't have a good internal sense of how much is too much...

Simply put, you may not be your own best coach.

Now when I see people in business, they're either going too soft, or too hard…

And BOTH will land you where you don't want to be…

In that "sweet spot" called AVERAGE.

This is why you have to find a great coach or advisor — because you can follow them into areas you're not skilled enough to deal with…

And because they've been there before, and know the territory better than you, they can PUSH you in areas where it's safe to push you…

But they'll "ease up" when they realize it's too much for you.

This is why I have hired a coach for nearly every aspect in my life…

- Running
- Weight Training
- Stock Investing
- Relationships
- Parenting
- Diet
- Bike Riding

All that specialized coaching costs me several thousand per month EACH -- but it's worth it.

Plus it's the reason why I'm Pretty Darn Good at running, parenting, investing, crossfit, and nearly EVERYTHING I do...

Because the first step I take, is I hire a person who knows how to push me to my limits… but not past my limits.

Because today, the only time I get "injured" in business or sports, is when I try to outsmart my coach's programming.

So that's why next month, I'll be working closely with a group of serious entrepreneurs, business owners, and professional dealmakers to help them perfect the #1 skill they need to grow their company…

And if you'd like to join us, then keep your eyes open for an important announcement coming VERY soon.

Talk later,

— Oren









Unsubscribe

PITCHANYTHING  5825 Avenida Encinas #111 Carlsbad, California 92008 United States

No comments:

Post a Comment