Thursday, August 1, 2019

Fwd: 3 impossible questions they will always ask you



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Oren Klaff <oren@pitchanything.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 10:33 AM
Subject: 3 impossible questions they will always ask you
To: Steve Scott <stevescott@techacq.com>


Nobody ever gets this right

What if you were in a meeting ... or on a call ...

THEN you get asked The 3 Impossible Questions?

I'll tell you what the questions are in a moment. But first, let me catch you up ...

A while back, my agent was in a super bad mood when she called my mobile phone, her message was clear:

"Hey buddy, you better write another book."

She was mad for good reason because my first book, Pitch Anything, sold a lot of copies, but I wasn't writing anything new.

Any normal person would be writing their "Second Book."

But I didn't want to write another book because "Pitch Anything" nearly killed me … writing it was one of the toughest years of my life.

Day and night on my computer… writing… editing.

Every. Single. Minute.

Quick story about THAT time of my life:

... one night I was on a hard deadline to to finish a chapter, but I was so tired that I decided to make a pot of coffee using RedBull instead of water and then I added a handful of crushed up Sudafed.

That is probably illegal now, and it's one crazy move.

But the chapter got done. 

It got done because I love tackling challenges head on… with full force… and I do whatever it takes. 

Fast forward to February 2017, it was finally time for BOOK #2 so my agent booked a "roadshow" tour for me to meet the biggest publishers in New York.

Once I landed in NYC… I stumbled off the plane, barely made it into a cab, and curled up in the backseat ...

Sick as a dog.

Can't remember the ride to the hotel.

Next thing I do remember is this:

Bang.  Bang! Bang Bang bang.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!", she was shouting.

It was 8:45am.

My agent was banging on the door, and she was using words you never heard in the bible.

I had 25 minutes to get to a meeting mid-town.

"Crap!"

I jump in the shower and run downstairs, blindsided by the full blown flu.

My only job that day was to go in and pitch my new book to the smartest, toughest and richest publishers in the world.

That's it! Nothing more, nothing less.

I could NOT call in sick…

These meetings are impossible to get. It can take a year or more to get on the calendar of Eric Nelson at Harper Collins or Kaushik Viswanath at Random House.

As we were heading into the meeting, my agent tried to straighten me up… giving me -

Triple espresso.
Green juice with Tumeric, Chili Powder and Niacin.
... And a kick in the pants.

So here I am.

The world's best pitch guy …
At his complete worst.

I mean, I feel like hell run over!

I walked into Random House ready to meet one of the most powerful editors in the world.

I thought, sick as I am ... "What on Earth could these people ask me that I couldn't answer in 2 seconds?"

You can't trip me up, I told myself.

They sit down and hit me right away with…


  • Why now?
  • What has changed?
  • What new thing do you have to offer us?

and:

You already wrote the modern bible on sales, why does the world need another book from Oren Klaff?"

For a few minutes, I was flipping-out inside… but on the outside, I was doing all I could do to look normal.

Delay.
Distract.
Kill time.

C'mon brain, save me! Think man!

The editors were staring back at me, needing answers.

But I was so sick – I couldn't put two good thoughts together.

Then… seconds before I was going to be dismissed as a one-hit wonder -

My extensive experience in these kind of situations kicked in.

I realized, in a foggy state of mind, how, just in a slightly different way, I'd been answering these questions for years.

I already had the formulas for:


  1. Why now?
  2. What's new?
  3. Why you?


Because I knew HOW to answer these questions -

I was able to get a deal with one of the best publishers in the U.S. and enter a peer group of people like…

General Stanley McChrystal…
Ryan Holliday…
Scott Adams…
And Frank Abagnale.

My takeaway point is this:

The meeting I had that day - as sick as I was  - formed the key material for my new book.

It's a concept called PRE-WIRED IDEAS.

Pre-wired ideas are a masterful way to answer any type of deal-killing questions - without having to do much thinking at all.

This made me realize winging it, or being caught off guard, is a place I never wanted myself… or... another person to be.

The last thing you want to do is to "wing-it" if someone asks you those same questions.

To get you more info on Pre-wired ideas, I want to do something for you.

I'm giving you the first chapter of my new book FLIP THE SCRIPT before the  August 13th release date - for FREE.

My Chapter 1 is NOT an "introduction…"
It's NOT weak "overview".

Chapter 1 is real content… I drop you right into the biggest deal of my life, in the heart of Moscow Russia, where an Oligarch was taking me to the mat.

Jump over here, to get started with this new material.

www.orenklaff.com


And Here's My One-Time Special Offer 


If YOU purchase more than 10 copies of Flip the Script before August 13th

1. I'll send you an 11th copy from my personal box of books, and pay for the postage. 
I won't lick the stamps, but I'll do everything else:


2. I'll sign it with a snappy comment directed at you

3. Bonus....I'll even throw in some Flip the Script schwag from around my headquarters


Simply....send Ally your purchase receipt and make sure to tell her what personal message you would like me to write in your book (then I'll write something totally different, but you'll like it anyway.) 

Simply send purchase receipt to: ally@pitchanything.com


Buy FLIP THE SCRIPT here: 

https://www.amazon.com/Flip-Script-Getting-People-Think/dp/052553394X


Oren
---------

Take this chance now to Commit to something small that will make a big difference in your life.

Click this link to visit Amazon and order an Advance Copy of my new book, Flip the Script


ORDER FLIP THE SCRIPT HERE


direct link: https://www.amazon.com/Flip-Script-Getting-People-Think/dp/052553394X

YOU CAN GET PEOPLE TO THINK THAT YOUR IDEA IS THEIR IDEA
No one likes being pressured into making a purchase. Over decades of being marketed, pitched, sold (and lied) to, we've all grown resistant to sales persuasion. The moment we feel pressured to buy, we pull away. And if we're told what to think, our defenses go up. These days, it's just not enough to make a great pitch. That's why I say it's time to throw out the old playbook on persuasion.

My new book, Flip the Script, reveals a new approach based on a simple insight: EVERYONE TRUSTS THEIR OWN IDEAS. I
nstead of pushing your idea on your buyer, if you can guide them to discover it on their own, they will believe it, trust it, and get excited about it. Then they'll buy-in and feel good about the chance to work with you. 
FLIP THE SCRIPT
DID SOMEONE FORWARD YOU THIS NEWSLETTER?

I'm an investor and I help buy & sell companies. If you're selling (or raising money) you can reach me here. My observations about people and how they buy from each other led to the book   Pitch Anything. I take the time to share these stories with you in recognition that it may give us a reason to connect. To receive my weekly email, click the link at right. 

GET THE NEWSLETTER

If you wish to stop receiving our emails or change your subscription options, please Manage Your Subscription
Pitch Industries, 5825 Avenida Encinas #110, Carlsbad, CA 92008

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 08/01/19, 10:36:19 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment