Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Fwd: THIS Pitch Deck formula is the best I've ever seen



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Oren Klaff <oren@pitchanything.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 8:23 AM
Subject: THIS Pitch Deck formula is the best I've ever seen
To: <stevescott@techacq.com>


A hard learned lesson and the right formula to pitch anything ...
Oren Klaff Logo

Personal insight from the author of Pitch Anything & Flip the Script

See this image?

This pitch deck – quite literally – saved my career (and maybe my entire life).

image

While I can't spill the exact amount of money this pitch brought in … you're right to think a pitch like this can get you between $10 - 30 million.

Using what I call the Million Dollar Pitch Deck framework, I've consistently been able to raise $10m in 90 days for "not hot" deals in "lukewarm" markets.

And I've done it by doing exactly NONE of the things you'll see in pitch decks on the Internet. Take a look ...

image

HERE'S THE SIMPLE REASON YOU CANNOT JUST COPY THESE "SUCCESSFUL" DECKS

As the tech boom started attracting huge amounts of capital ... entrepreneurs had to move exceedingly FAST or another smart kid from Stanford would beat them to be the next Google, Square, Mint or Buffer.

As tech boomed and money flooded the market ... there was no time to write a traditional business plan.

Everything was done fast, usually on a whiteboard sketch or back of a napkin:

image

THE PROBLEM WAS ...

Investors needed to write checks fast, but they also needed to DOCUMENT these crazy investments as if they were a "real business."

This is when Sequoia famously came up with the "8-page pitchdeck":

1. Cover Page, 2. Mission, 3. Vision, 4. Purpose, 5. Team, 6. Traction, 7. Market Size, 8. Use Case.

The truth is, this was just a bunch of bullshit information that did nothing to justify an investment.

The investor just liked the idea, and he was going to write a big check no matter what information was in the deck.

The pitchdecks you think "raised money" were really just a piece of paper for COMPLIANCE.

In other words, when the company eventually failed - and most of them did fail in the end - the investor could say to his partners ... "hey not my fault, I did my due diligence" ... and he could point to the pitchdeck in his file.

This is why you do NOT want to copy any of the "Hero" pitchdecks on the Internet.

I tried it myself, a dozens of times at least .... and it NEVER worked to convince real investors to put real money in my real company.

They literally laughed at me and pointed me towards Silicon Valley like it was all a joke.

But still, a good pitchdeck is the foundation for how all money is raised in today's capital markets.

Here's what a great pitch deck should do…

  1. Show that your IDEAS are real and "tangible."
  2. Prove that you can IMPLEMENT your ideas.
  3. Demonstrate that NEW CAPITAL will accelerate your growth - and knock the competition to the floor.

But unfortunately for you, everything you see on the internet about how to build an effective pitch deck is 100% wrong…

And I know from personal experience.

The first time I truly needed a pitchdeck to show investors, was when my entire life was on the line.

I needed the best pitchdeck service in the world and I was willing to pay anything for it.

First, I googled "pitchdeck services" ... and found a bunch of graphic designers who had worked at 1-startup who didn't know anything about finance, technology or business.

Second, I downloaded "pitchdeck templates" and got lost in a maze of "lorem ipsum" text, worse ... the final product made me look like a visionary startup - not a real company.

Finally, I tried to copy and edit other people's pitchdecks ... creating Frankenstein-decks that were confusing to read.

After wasting valuable time that I didn't have to waste, and spending $15,000 (which was a lot of money to me back then) ... I came to the realization.

If I wanted to raise millions of dollars for my business from the types of people who could cut real checks, I had to go back to the beginning and start from First Principles like…

  • The Big Idea
  • High Status Signals
  • Urgency + Fear-of-Missing-Out
  • The 7 Key Financial Assumptions
  • Winter is Coming

and .... Plain Vanilla Framing.

These are the principles that let humans easily explain their ideas to each other.

I worked on this one deck for 30 days straight, and that's when I finally put together a deck that helped me

  • Raise $6.1m in 30 days
  • Generated $600k in fees for my personal account
  • Put me on the map in my industry and on the cover of magazines.

And most importantly, it was the foundation for what I know call the Million Dollar Pitchdeck Framework that I use in every single deal.

Thanks to this proven framework, I don't have to struggle for weeks or months to put together a winning pitch deck…

In fact, my current Personal Record is .... $5million in 6 days.

If you need to raise money right now, the good news is that I could write the perfect pitchdeck for you in about 8 hours ...

But I'd also charge you my insanely high corporate rate.

Here's a better idea:

Join my small IN-PERSON group I'm running this week, you can get this same thing for 99% less.

There is no online registration for this workshop - where I help you build your deck, step-by-step - but I do need to briefly look at what you're doing and decide if I can let you in.

I ONLY HAVE 5 SPOTS LEFT

So just reply to this email right now by writing: "Oren let me in the small group workshop."

If I like what you're doing, I'll let you in.

OREN

Note: I get hundreds of emails a day,
so when you reply, please write in the subject line:
"Oren let me in the small group workshop."

That will make your email stand out,
we can get right back to you.

2nd Note: Please include your phone number
to make it easy for us to get in touch.















Unsubscribe

PITCHANYTHING  2443, Impala Drive Carlsbad, California 92010 United States

No comments:

Post a Comment