Thursday, April 30, 2020

Fwd: Yes, these six rules apply to you ...



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Oren Klaff <oren@pitchanything.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Subject: Yes, these six rules apply to you ...
To: <stevescott@techacq.com>


There are Six Rules, and number six is the most important.

INTRODUCING SIX RULES YOU NEED TO FOLLOW. But first ...

Here's a picture of me a few weeks ago, just having a fun day with my son.

Just minding my own business on a cloudy day ...

image

Suddenly ...

I hear a Park Ranger's whistle freaking out:

Fweet!! Fweeeet!!

She comes running up to me, panting ...

She says, "Sir, please stand back from the water. ..

And Sir, didn't you see the sign?!

This time of year we have ... ZOMBIE SLEEPER WAVES.

They come out of nowhere, pull you into the water, and ... you're ... gone."

ME: GONE? WTF? Zombie Waves?

The park ranger points behind me .... and I notice this ...

image

OH. Those waves!!

And here's the sign I didn't read:

!! THE MOST DEADLY BEACH IN CALIFORNIA.

!! DON'T TURN YOUR BACK TO THE OCEAN

!! ALWAYS WATCH FOR SLEEPER WAVES

SO how in the hell do you miss THAT sign?

image

My first small error was thinking, I'm not going in the water today so there are no "rules to follow."

My second error was thinking "Signs are for Other People to read ..."

And my third error ... "Most rules don't apply to me anyway."

Once the park ranger showed me how I was on The Deadliest Beach in California ...

It became obvious.

And that evening, alone by the campfire having a beer, I started thinking ...

Right now, all my clients are walking on their own "deadliest beach" ...

They are NOT reading the signs carefully ...

They do NOT believe "the rules apply to me."

Could this be YOU in some small way?

If you're looking for REVENUE, calling customers, prospecting and giving pitches for money ...

The Rules Do Apply To You.

But which rules exactly?

Here's the basic Rules of Customer Money today. When you get the chance to pitch a client for business or money

RULE 1: Stop making "Discovery calls" where you ask the prospect a dozen or a hundred manipulative questions.

This is annoying, and people are stressed out and too tired of this discovery-call-game, where you ask all kinds of weak "rapport" and "information gathering" questions that add no value to their day.

RULE 2: Know a lot about their business before you have the call. Really do some deep research.

If you say to me, "Hey Oren, tell me a little about yourself and the company, and where you want to be in 24 months" it's a huge red flag: you don't understand what I really do. I'll get off that call in 30 seconds as politely as I can, or impolitely as I can, I don't give a *#$&&. Why should I? You didn't.

RULE 3. Go Fast and quickly get to the details of what problem you can solve and why solve it now.

RULE 4: Add value ...

People ... buyers ... investors ... they come to calls to hear about novel solutions to their most difficult problems, and to gain helpful insights from you. People do not want to be on calls about costly ways to "maybe" solve some of their minor problems.

RULE 5: Don't be Needy

Neediness kills deals. If you need more on this, read Pitch Anything, chapter 4.

Rule 6: CONTROL THE PROCESS

... as you can see, rules 1-5 are easy to follow.

But rule 6 is a paradox.

Because .... people don't want to be controlled ... at all ... in any way.

And today, people are already stressed out by Covid.

Any kind of "control" tactic will trigger "avoidance."

Buyers and investors will pull-back from even a minor control tactic, even one as innocent as saying .. "So, do we have a deal?"

"But Oren," you might ask, "it's an impossible situation."

How do I get "CONTROL" if buyers pull-away form any kind of control?

The answer is simple.

You have to Get Control at one time ...

... and then Use Control at a DIFFERENT TIME.

Then, your control is invisible.

Now you can see why most people misunderstand the concept of "control."

They think you Get Control and Use Control in the same moment. They believe getting control is a singe action that you "do".

That's incorrect.

In fact, you can have control and never use it.

But when a buyer can see and feel your attempts to take things over, they can feel manipulated.

This is why the true experts in making a pitch or presentation will Get Control of the Process at the beginning of the presentation ... but only use it 30 minutes or an hour later ...at the end.

So what are the "tactics" of getting control, and how is all this done in practice?

That's the topic of my presentation tomorrow.

When the stakes are high ...
and you really want to close a deal, it's essential to Control the Process without being rude, needy or pushy in any way. You need Total Control while still being kind, thoughtful, empathetic and helpful ...

So here's the question to ask yourself:

If you knew for certain how to get control at the start of a presentation...

.... would you know HOW to use it at the end of the presentation?

This answer is easier than you may think...

Want to see how I do it?

Tomorrow, FRIDAY 5/1 at 12pm Los Angeles, I'm getting together with a small group of dealmakers, executives, and serious entrepreneurs to help them close more deals using my methods.

Want to join us?

I'll coach you through it.

YOU should take this session.

When you're in control, you don't have to deal with you're prospects excuses, stall tactics, or "Covid" rationalizations.

You just close deals. Today.

To get into this class, you have to join Pitch Mastery here.

Access the webinar:

HOW TO GET AND KEEP CONTROL

This is only available from inside the Pitch Mastery platform.

Are you coming on Friday?

Pitch Mastery gets you access to this training.

JOIN HERE

- Oren









----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manage your subscription

PITCHANYTHING  5825 Avenida Encinas #111 Carlsbad, California 92008 United States

No comments:

Post a Comment