Friday, October 18, 2019

Fwd: send a proposal



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Oren Klaff <oren@pitchanything.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 6:01 AM
Subject: send a proposal
To: Steve Scott <stevescott@techacq.com>


"Send a Proposal" ...

These are either the 3 BEST words in business...

Or the WORST.

Let me explain: imagine for a moment that you're working hard on a big deal, and the buyer finally say's to you:

"Sounds good, send me a proposal."

Well, ... are you about to get paid?

...or is the deal about to die?

When I hear those exact words I know my chances of "closing" just went down by 66%. 

Now I'm staring at 3 "doors"

Behind door #1: Deal! The buyer ACTUALLY wants a proposal! I am going to win a big account.

Behind door #2:  No Deal! They ONLY want my proposal to use for price shopping with the competition. 

Behind door #3: No Deal! They DO NOT want to buy my product, but they're too nice to just hang up on me... so they say instead, "hey, send me a write up of all this, will you?"

Sadly, #3 is the most common.

So the next time you hear "send me a proposal," you immediately know three things:

1. You're about to start on a wild goose chase

2. The buyer is going to price shop and negotiate you

3. You're not getting paid for the work you're doing. 

So here's what you should say to the Buyer when he says, "send me something in writing:

First, say: "TOO SOON. we're definitely not 'there' yet."

Then: "Only companies with NOTHING TO DO spend their time writing and sending proposals and... I have lots to do right now - super busy."

In other words, you're telling them you're good at what you do.

It's a weird effect, and you have to see it person a few times, but this gives your buyer CERTAINTY that it's a wise choice to do business with you - .

Suddenly, they don't want you to "send a proposal"...

Usually, they want to 'just get started' ... and talk about the terms.

Now you're in position to get deal terms and a verbal agreement ...

Which makes it easy to CLOSE the deal, just send an 'Agreement For Signature' and an Invoice.

(This is why I want you to delete the word "proposal" from your vocabulary.)

Suddenly, they're asking for your bank information, so they can wire money.

THAT is the power you have when you create CERTAINTY.

But there's another way to create certainty at the beginning of the call, so you never get to the point of "send me a proposal" again...

I'll give you the details on THAT little secret on the next email...

But for now, enjoy your Friday.

Me? I'm heading to a my little boy's hockey game. He's 5 years old ...and his slapshot can kill a moose from 20 paces (we're all good at something.)

What are you doing this weekend? 

- Oren

WORK WITH OREN

click below

Your team can get Oren's methods to control and profit from every business situation.
WORK WITH OREN
WORKING TOGETHER ON YOUR NEXT DEAL
Apply here with this short form and make it happen.
LEARN MORE
Need to contact us by email? Try oren@pitchanything.com

















If you wish to stop receiving our emails or change your subscription options, please Manage Your Subscription
Pitch Industries, 5825 Avenida Encinitas | #110, Carlsbad, CA 92008

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 10/18/19, 10:12:27 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment