Monday, March 17, 2014

Fwd: What do Pat Flynn, Amy Porterfield, and one palm tree have in common?



They were all in the Philippines last week! hehehe... :)
 
Hi Steve!
 
Wow, does it ever feel good to be home!
 
After approximately 26 hours of travel, including a 10 hour layover in Seoul, I'm back in the EOFire studios and ready to hit the ground running (okay, maybe not right away)...
 
Before I pic up my mic and start recording again, I wanted to write and tell you about my trip! I'll start with saying this: My trip to the Philippines was so amazing!!!
 
I'm really excited to break it down so you can hear about my adventures at Tropical Think Tank (TTT) with Chris Ducker and 32 other top-notch entrepreneurs.
 
Here we all are!
 
TTT Crew
 

Since Kate insisted on putting me in the hot seat - wanting to know all about the conference and what my major takeaways were - I thought it would be cool to share our conversation with you.

 

So, here is goes!

 

Kate: I remember when you first told me about Chris reaching out to you and asking if you'd be a speaker at TTT. What was it that made you so sure that being a speaker was the right play?

 

John: Chris has been a long-time friend and someone I look up to as a powerhouse entrepreneur who understands the value of building relationships. So when he asked me to speak at TTT, this, combined with the all star cast he was assembling, made me very confident that being a part of the magical journey was something I couldn't pass up. I knew 100% that Chris was going to do it right.

 

Kate: What was the first thing you guys did when you got to the Philippines?

 

John: Chris had set up a full day of masterminding for the speakers who were attending, like Pat Flynn and Amy Porterfield, which happened the day prior to when the conference actually started.

 

So we all met up - there were 8 of us - and we spent 8 hours having a roundtable discussion where we were each in the hot seat for 1 hour.

 

During that hour we had the opportunity to talk about our business and what we have going on right now, and WOW - I definitely got some clarity on a couple projects I've been thinking about!

 

Afterwards, we were ready to take on the world...

 
TTT
 
Kate: What was your major takeaway from your time in the hot seat?
 
John: It was really reassuring for me to be able to validate our newest product idea, WebinarOnFire. I also got a great idea for a down sell to Podcasters' Paradise, PodcastingOnFire: $397 for a 14-day step one to step done course.
 
It's just really incredible what you can accomplish - what you can imagine and achieve when you put great minds together. Amy Porterfield specifically had an amazing breakthrough, and watch out podcasting world - that girl is ON FIRE!
 
That whole day was really incredible.
 
Kate: So the speakers' mastermind day sounds awesome, but what about once the attendees joined the party?
 
John: In addition to the speakers' full day of masterminding, we also had a full day of masterminding with the attendees, which was a really cool opportunity to get to know about their businesses and to help them plan effectively moving forward.
 
TTT Mastermind
 

The sessions I participated in were really eye opening. I'm of course very familiar with what roadblocks I faced as an entrepreneur just starting out, and I've always known that others' must experience some of the same. But to hear the same exact roadblocks come up over and over again was pretty crazy.

 

This made me realize how powerful The Fire Path series could be for so many who are just starting out and looking for advice to help steer them in the right direction. Everything from defining your avatar, to getting proof of concept, to knowing what products and services to create are things I was hearing a lot of people struggle with.

 

Kate: What was your favorite daily activity?

 

John: While the entire conference was so impressive, one of my favorite parts of each day were our nightly dinners at local 5-star restaurants. It was so nice to mix both aspects of the conference - business and pleasure - with everyone there.

 

Every dinner solidified the importance of surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals who understand you and who are there to support you. We had some really amazing conversations about business, but we were also able to kick back and just have some fun at the same time.

 

Kate: Who was your biggest inspiration at TTT?

 

John: My biggest inspiration at the conference, hands down, was Chris' team, headed by his wife, Erz, as well as Jam and Sian.

 

So often as Entrepreneurs we feel as though we need to do it all by ourselves, but Chris showed that a great team can do GREAT things, like plan and put together TTT. The way TTT was planned and executed, there's no way an individual could EVER pull that off alone.

 

Kate: What was your #1 takeaway from TTT?

 

John: The importance of constantly engaging with and taking the pulse of your audience to ensure you are on the right path.

 

Your audience is everything - they are the reason you do what you do. If they aren't getting what they need from you, then it's important you know about it so you can pivot.

 

So Steve, as you can see, I was very, very impressed with Chris, Chris' team and the entire crew that made TTT the amazing experience that it was - a very clear 10 out of 10!

 

Hopefully some of my experiences and takeaways from TTT are ones that resonate with you as well. Just because you didn't attend doesn't mean you shouldn't have the opportunity to take something away from it, and I hope that after reading this, you have.

 

Oh wait! One more thing - just to prove that we didn't work the ENTIRE time...

 
watch video
 
Until next week!
 
~ John
 
Visit EOFire.com for resources, podcasts, blog posts & more!
If you no longer wish to receive ANY communications from EntrepreneurOnFire, click the link below:
Unsubscribe
846 Grand Ave San Diego, California 92109 United States


No comments:

Post a Comment